A Fresh Approach.
Colours: Lime Green, Pomegranate Red, Tangerine and Lemon
Challenge? How do you design a modern African-inspired wedding that’s playful, whimsical and out of a fairytale?
How you do it?
1. Pick a fruit or candy colours instead of the usual brown, red, black and gold.
2. Find accents that speak to African culture – Head wraps, Beaded jewelry (cowrie or other), rugs, buffet- style dining, etc.
3. Embrace nostalgia such as child hood drinks from home such as Fanta, Top Orange, Malta Guiness, etc..
4. Blend traditional fabrics with western tailoring.
5. Ditch the western veil for a traditional head wrap, braided up do or natural coife.
6. Pepper your menu with food items from home, mixed with assorted candy and finger foods.
7. Take any african element and ask yourself how would this evolve in an “Alice in Wonderland” novel?
8. Chose an african flag color scheme, and dial the hues up to a more vibrant combination.
For example – Standard Green, Red and yellow would become Lime Green, Pomegranate red and Lemon.